Welcome to CCA Art!!
Contact Mrs. Harper at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Mrs. Harper's own art work on Facebook at Linda Harper Artist/Designer
My name is Linda Harper and I am blessed to be the High School Art Teacher and Yearbook Sponsor at Community Christian Academy.
This is my 7th year at CCA and my 32th year of teaching, having taught at Ballard Memorial High School and Lone Oak High School before coming to CCA.
It is my goal to incorporate a Biblical scripture or a Bible lesson into each of my assignments while using and building upon the Art Elements and Principles taught by the Art Teacher at CCA Elementary and Middle School.
If there is one scripture that pertains to all of my assignments it is this from Colossians 3:
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him...and whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord."
MRS. HARPER'S CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS
(All students received a copy of these on the first day of school, and they are posted in our classroom.)
Put God first and do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Show respect to God at all times.
- Show respect to your teacher, and to the others in class through your speech, conduct, honesty, and obedience.
- Teasing is a form of bullying. We will not make fun of anyone, for any reason.
- BE ON TIME! If not, come with a tardy slip from the office or another teacher.
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES will be used in class as needed for assignments only, and by permission.
- NO FOOD! Only drink allowed is water.
- NO GUM! I will give you a warning the first time, but after that, a write up will be given.
- Daily classwork grade: 5 points for working on art in class. If you waste time or work on other homework, you will get a zero for a daily grade.
- Project grades depend on difficulty of the project and may vary from 25-250 points.
- 5% off per day for projects turned in after the due date except in the case of excused absences.
- CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF! You will be given time before the end of class to put away projects and materials.
- Keep books and purses on the floor underneath your table to allow for more work space.
- Do not talk while I am speaking to the entire class.
- All CCA rules regarding dress and behavior will be enforced in this room.
Make me proud that you are my student both IN class, around school, and in the community.
Art 1: The Bible says: "some people put their faith in chariots, some in horses, but we put our faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ."
The power of horses and chariots can be converted in our time to "horsepower" and the temptation young people have to want to town the most fancy, fast car that they can.
Art 1 students are drawing cars...using techniques of shading learned in earlier assignments. When they look at the art work in future years, I hope they will remember the scripture that our real strength comes from knowing Jesus.
Value of Project: 250 PTS.
Art 2: Please see the current art exhibition in the lobby, drawings of the Tower of Babel, done in three point perspective by the Advanced Art Students.
The class (which consists of Art 2 and AP students) are designing and making mandelas, repeated designs that illustrate radial balance. They were found in the designs of many stained glass windows in cathedrals of Europe.
Value of Project: 250 PTS.